Old 20-08-2012, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Some welcome veg.

Baz wrote:
Runner beans seem to be the best. Followed by courgettes and some of the
brassicas.
Onions, shallotes a big no.
Potatoes a big no no.
Tomatoes are a bit iffy, indoors or out.
Sweetcorn ok but very small and tender. Just too small.

That is the complete opposite to me, except for the sweetcorn. We ate
our first 2 sweetcorn at the weekend cos we had to pick 2 for the show
(2nd out of only 1 entry!), and they were ok, but nowhere near ready!
My onions and potatoes are ok, and my tomatoes are doing great (under
glass, I don't do them on the plot). runner beans and courgettes and
brassicas are all terrible