Old 20-08-2012, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default climbing rose

"iaass17gr" wrote in message

I would very much welcome your recommendations for a climbing rose for
a south facing wall about 7 feet wide and 10ft high - repeat flowering
and very fragrant - colour not a consideration - Thanks

I had a climbing Ena Harkness that I planted at my previous house for a
similar sized wall.
http://www.davidaustinroses.com/engl....asp?showr=325
A beautiful classic red hybrid tea fragrant rose and didn't outgrow the
space while I was there (7 years). I was quite sad to have to leave her
behind.
There may be newer roses that might suit you better though, I've been in my
present house 26 years. I'll leave others to advise you about what they
might be.

Tina