Old 23-04-2003, 05:20 AM
zxcvbob

Default Black Walnut Tree Question

Campbe4 wrote:
A pal of mine has a Walnut tree and we were talking about the prices for a
Black Walnut Tree. He had to cut off a branch and the internal wood was very
dark. Is that a characteristic of a Black Walnut Tree?

Yes.

Anyway, I'm just curious what an Old Black Walnut Tree would go for these days.
I told him that a real good one could go for as much as $250,000.00. Is that
old news?

That's sounds ridiculously high, but even if it is accurate, you probably
don't have a really good one.

His tree is probably an American Walnut but if it's a Black Walnut what might a
Tree like that be worth these days?

You should contact a local sawmill instead of strangers on Usenet (like me)
who will tell you the tree is worthless just to be assholes.

Good luck, and best regards, :-)
Bob