Old 20-08-2012, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Campaign for genetic modification

Whilst undertaking a hoeing session today in an attempt to save the
remains of my veggie crops (those that have not been ravaged by
caterpillars, slugs, pigeons or grandchildren!) I have decided that all
home gardeners should start this campaign.

My modus operandi would be to take a team of boffins, tell them that
their winters food is growing on an allotment, to which they have access
for a couple of hours each week to maintain it. Their objective would be
to produce veggie seeds modified to display the characteristics of
garden weeds, namely the ability to survive drought, flood, being stood
on, slugs, pigeons, caterpillars, green/black fly and the like.

Each year they will be fed on the crops that the allotment produce using
the seeds they have developed - just as an incentive!

Any one want to join?

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales