Old 20-08-2012, 10:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default New House, New to Gardening

On Aug 20, 9:23*am, ChrisS wrote:
Hey there

Me and my wife have just moved into our first house together. I
previously lived with my parents, and although they had a large garden,
it was my step dad who always took care of the garden. I'd just do the
odd bit to help out.

But now i have my own garden and own dilemmas. I'm in a bit of a pickle
as to what to do with my garden. It's a bit of a mess and it looks like
the previous owners had stones put down. But the grass and weeds have
grown over the top of these. I haven't discovered wether these were over
the whole garden or just around the edges. there's definetly more around
the edge and uncovered. But the center of the gardens also seems to be
on stones.

I was wondering if people could help me and give me some advice on what
to do. My parents have given me advice but they haven't actually seen
the garden yet. I have a few pictures so you can get a better idea of
what i mean. Oh also there seems to be some small bush, tree stump and
roots in the center of the right lawn.

[image:http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/790...820163939.jpg]
[image:http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3...820161752.jpg]
[image:http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3...820161745.jpg]
[image:http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6...820161655.jpg]
[image:http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/5...820161644.jpg]

I look forward to your responses, any input is gratefully appreciated.
Cheers

--
ChrisS

Is your garden just that corner area in the pictures you posted?

HB