Old 21-08-2012, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default Gardenbirdfeeder.co.uk never again

On 20/08/2012 18:03, David Hill wrote:
On 20/08/2012 15:40, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:53:03 +0100, Martin Brown wrote:

No amount of back up connections could have prevented me being without
internet for a week when an over wide load on a lorry took out the
pole carrying the overhead lines to three properties including mine
:-(

3G wireless dongle would do (but choose wisely if in a rural area).

GPRS is fast enough for email. Mind you it may not be a simple operation
to get that data connection linked to anything else.

If like me you are rural and use a desktop computer then you are
dependant on your phone line, and can't go off in search of wi fi or
other things.

The more I try to contact this company the more I believe that they are
not to be trusted. They do not answer emails on any of the three
addresses on their web page. Phoning the number given gets the message
"Unavailable" and the number that Sue gave is invalid.