Old 21-08-2012, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Campaign for genetic modification

On Monday, 20 August 2012 20:53:10 UTC+1, Roger Tonkin wrote:
Whilst undertaking a hoeing session today in an attempt to save the

remains of my veggie crops (those that have not been ravaged by

caterpillars, slugs, pigeons or grandchildren!) I have decided that all

home gardeners should start this campaign.

My modus operandi would be to take a team of boffins, tell them that

their winters food is growing on an allotment, to which they have access

for a couple of hours each week to maintain it. Their objective would be

to produce veggie seeds modified to display the characteristics of

garden weeds, namely the ability to survive drought, flood, being stood

on, slugs, pigeons, caterpillars, green/black fly and the like.

Each year they will be fed on the crops that the allotment produce using

the seeds they have developed - just as an incentive!

Any one want to join?

--

Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

They've already taken strides in that direction and guess what Joe Public won't accept it.

Rod