Old 22-08-2012, 04:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default Garden Issue

In article ,
!0thPlanet wrote:

Hi all, I bought a new house 4 years ago and have had an issue with the
garden since day one. On first inspection I found an accumulation of
static water creating a bog that remained regardless of weather
conditions. In addition to this, the garden as a whole remained
waterlogged apparently due to clay soil. The builders prepped and turfed
the ground in the hope that it would soak up the moisture but to no
avail. Since then they have implemented around 14 "French Drains"
leaving my garden in an unsightly mess but still the drainage issue
persists.

My house was built on a hill with quite extensive ground at a higher
elevation along with natural running water nearby (streams), could this
be the reason the soil remains water logged. Any help/suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.

[image:
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b.../IMG_6170.jpg]
[image: