Old 23-08-2012, 01:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I'm a bit annoyed

On 2012-08-22 19:14:55 +0100, "Christina Websell"
said:

My brother has obviously been down to the plot and dug up most of the
early
potatoes (when I went there today)
What he hasn't done is weeding. For weeks or months even.
Yes, I know he works hard and for long hours but he expects me to do it,
and
I cannot cope with such a large plot without his help.
I weed as much as I can, but my health is precarious and he knows it.
I am so annoyed that I was almost thinking of changing the padlock on the
gate (we both have keys)

I picked some runner beans today and put them on his doorstep along with
carrots which he has not thinned so I did.
When I went there I saw in his plastic compost bin the lettuce I took him
last week and half of the large courgettes.
FGS, what's the point of growing things if you cannot be bothered to eat
them?
To say I am annoyed is an understatement.

Slow down a bit, Christina. I do understand your annoyance but look at it
another way, if I may suggest that. He may be trying to do what he can to
help you but without being able to use all the produce, so he's trying to
hide that from you to be polite, or kind. If, as you say, he works long
hours, it may be that he'll weed when he can but it won't be as often as
you like. Is the plot as useful to him as it is to you, if maintained,
may be the question, do you think? Give him a break for a while because I
suspect he's a bit over-stretched rather than unwilliing. If you change
the lock on the gate then a family breach is inevitable. It really isn't
worth that over a few veg, imo.

I won't really change the lock, was just annoyed and venting.
He does work terrible hours but he expects me to do more than I can.