Old 27-02-2003, 09:09 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Odd distinctions

Good teachers clearly explain the process beforehand so that
the student
knows why he is doing something over and over. The method

you're
describing. following instructions blindly, only works for Mr.

Miyagi in the
Karate Kid movies. "wax on, wax off"

Respectfully,
John

And for me, a good teacher would do MUCH better giving me a set
of written instructions first, then correcting me as I try to
implement them. I retain what I read 100% better than I retain
what someone tells me while I'm busy looking around at what
everyone else is doing ;-).

So everybody is different.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: