Old 24-08-2012, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Old blackcurrants

Martin Brown wrote in news:NAMZr.403
:

On 24/08/2012 13:52, wrote:
I seem to have missed most of the picking season for blackcurrants.
They are all dried up on the bushes. :-(
Is there any reason not to harvest them in this state and then dry
them a bit more and eat them as dried fruit?

I suppose not. Are your local birds colour blind or something?

I have to net to stand any chance of eating my fruits.
Blueberries are in season at the moment.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Martin, Thats unlucky! The birds here are still going after live food. But
yet again it is a strange year this one. My blackberries have not been
touched by birds yet.

Baz