Old 24-08-2012, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Old blackcurrants

Martin Brown wrote:
I seem to have missed most of the picking season for blackcurrants.
They are all dried up on the bushes. :-(
Is there any reason not to harvest them in this state and then dry
them a bit more and eat them as dried fruit?

I suppose not. Are your local birds colour blind or something?

I have to net to stand any chance of eating my fruits.
Blueberries are in season at the moment.

They're all fully netted this year. :-)
But they do seem to have had a muchshorter picking season than normal.
I found the last whitecurrants this afternoon. I /love/ the whitecurrants
even more than the redcurrants. The blackcurrants I find a bit meh.