Old 24-08-2012, 11:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default pumpkin musings

In article ,
Rick wrote:

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:14:19 -0400, Ohioguy wrote:

I rounduped

Ya lost Billy here -LOL

Pretty funny. You used Round-up, and now you want to know what's wrong
with your crop? ;O))

Glad I won't be eating it.
http://www.i-sis.org.uk/glyphosatePoisonsCrops.php
Scientists Reveal Glyphosate Poisons Crops and Soil

GMOs would nicely compliment your choice of food. Bon appetite.

The main question I'm left with is this: where are the BT (bacillus
thuringensis) vine crops that we were promised about 6 years ago? I
recall hearing news reports that they were very close to incorporating
the BT into squash and pumpkins, and when they did the squash vine borer
would no longer be a threat. I've looked for any vine crops advertising
this every year since I first read it, but haven't come across any
advertised as vine borer resistant.

http://www.bt.ucsd.edu/bt_crop.html

This page has some suggestion for barrier control etc. I've cut the
grubs and killed them myself and that worked OK if I was quick enough.
Never tried injecting BT as suggested

http://gardening.yardener.com/Soluti...VineBorer.html

--
Welcome to the New America.