Old 27-08-2012, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default At last! A red tomato.

"Baz" wrote in message

My grand daughter is thrilled to bits with her small garden and she has
the very first ripe outdoor tomato of the year. She is giving me advice,
she says, next year. Seriously.
In sons main garden the tomatoes are still very green even after nipping
them out with only 2 trusses each.

Baz

_______________________

Mine in the greenhouse are still green, though of reasonable size. Just
need a week or so of sunshine! Have even cut off some of the leaves to
get more light on the toms, to no avail. I must confess that they did go
in a bit late though.

Our grand children unfortunately live 100 miles away, so we can not
influence them much - they are still self confident and cheeky like
yours tho'

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales