Old 27-08-2012, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fuschia[_3_] Fuschia[_3_] is offline

Default Lidle peat free compost

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:11:44 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:17:44 +0100, Bob Hobden wrote:

I took a large compost bag full of diseased plant material, blighted
potatoes and stems, and onions with white rot and brown neck rot down
the local recycling centre two days ago. I asked the chap there where
it should go, he said "in the Green Waste", I said "but it's diseased",
he said "where else are you going to put green waste?"

More or less the only stuff that goes in our garden waste bin are things
we want to get rid of, like Ragwort, Thistles etc. It's not a problem
provided it all gets shredded and composted properly but I do have my
doubts that happens with any consistency.

We are told not to put Japanese knotweed in our green waste, which
seems to suggest that the composting method is not thorough.