Old 28-08-2012, 07:44 AM posted to sci.agriculture.poultry,rec.gardens

Default How foolish can a chook be?

Oedipus the accessory rooster is no smarter than his daddy. Spring is on
the way so I was out riding the mower. The flock was out foraging on the
grass with Oedipus on the edge as usual. As I approached they scattered
except for himself who ran ahead of the mower. I was doing a loop around
the house so I just continued the next circuit one cut further out. He
managed to run ahead of the mower in a panic for the ENTIRE loop before it
dawned on him that if he turned outwards rather than inwards he would avoid
the dreaded churning orange beastie.

David