Old 23-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Mike Naime

Default Too much pump = ?

They will get used to it. When you turn it off, then you will see them
huddle up and hide. The usual background noise is missing.

I see this in my indoor fish tanks (120's) when I turn the filters off for
water changes and maintenance every week. When I turn the filters back on,
they come back out.

Mike

RichToyBox wrote in message
The sound and current will not bother the fish. They will probably like

the
current, and it will give them a little extra exercise. Typically the
recommended pump size is sufficient to turn over the pond in less than 4
hours. My first two preformed puddles were turned over about 3 times an
hour, and your pump will do yours in about 15 minutes.
--
RichToyBox

"BruJu" wrote in message
Small pond (125 gallons) with smaller pond (35 gallons) that flows into

the
bigger pond as a waterfall. I have a 600 gph pump that flows into a

small
bio filter. Will the sound and action of the pump, run 24 hours a day

drive
the fish crazy? Or otherwise irritate them?