Old 28-08-2012, 10:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] jmuehl60@gmail.com is offline

Default How foolish can a chook be?

On Monday, August 27, 2012 11:44:45 PM UTC-7, David Hare-Scott wrote:
Oedipus the accessory rooster is no smarter than his daddy. Spring is on the way so I was out riding the mower. The flock was out foraging on the grass with Oedipus on the edge as usual. As I approached they scattered except for himself who ran ahead of the mower. I was doing a loop around the house so I just continued the next circuit one cut further out. He managed to run ahead of the mower in a panic for the ENTIRE loop before it dawned on him that if he turned outwards rather than inwards he would avoid the dreaded churning orange beastie. David

As a young child I was in a large herd of turkeys who began to surround and come after me. One at a time these foul are easily scared, but surrounded by hundreds of them I was the one who was scared. They also will crowd together when scared or alarmed and suffocate each other. Birds! Janet