Old 29-08-2012, 03:42 AM posted to sci.agriculture.poultry,rec.gardens
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default How foolish can a chook be?

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Oedipus the accessory rooster is no smarter than his daddy. Spring is on
the way so I was out riding the mower. The flock was out foraging on

the grass with Oedipus on the edge as usual. As I approached they
scattered except for himself who ran ahead of the mower. I was doing a
loop around the house so I just continued the next circuit one cut further
out. He managed to run ahead of the mower in a panic for the ENTIRE loop
before it dawned on him that if he turned outwards rather than inwards he
would avoid the dreaded churning orange beastie.

LOL. I can just picture it!