Old 29-08-2012, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Do leeks need frosting to taste better?

On 28/08/2012 19:41, David in Normandy wrote:
Harvested some leeks today for the evening meal. They tasted bland
somehow, even the wife commented so it wasn't just my taste-buds. Do
leeks need to get frosted before they taste better? This must be the
first time I've harvested any before the frosts.

No they need cold weather to make hot leeks appealing.

Sloes need frosting before they are usable.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown