Old 30-08-2012, 12:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
DirtBag DirtBag is offline

Default Just Say Hello

DirtBag said

Emily Drappi said

Hi I'm Emily Derby I am new in the world of gardening and want tips can
you help me

Plant seeds, water, wait, eat. :-)

Thank you for your response and hope to find answers to my questions

Sorry, I was trying to be humorous. I'll keep my day job. :-)

You really didn't ask any questions, but I'll offer some advice:

1) Build some raised beds, no wider than 2' and space no closer than 1'
2) Obtain some clean topsoil, and augment with clean compost
3) Start a compost pile. Run a mover over all your fall leaves and
general garden greens. This stuff is golden
4) Start with something simple for your area. In my area, radishes,
tomatoes, cukes, and carrot are a guaranteed crop.
5) Consider a drip irrigation system. I wish I'd do this... :-)

Just munched a couple tomatoes for dinner. Better'n sex!