Old 31-08-2012, 12:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default Bitter cucumbers

I (now) just grow lemon cukes - I've never had a bitter one from those.
Not good if you have long dill pickle aspirations, or gherkin
aspirations, but otherwise quite nice. Pick, rub spines off, eat - no
need to peel. Open pollinated so you can save seed (if you only grow one
kind of cuke, or go to a lot more work to keep your seed pure than I'm
willing to.)