Old 31-08-2012, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Has summer arrived?

On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 09:36:05 GMT, Baz wrote:

10:30am and the sun is burning the moisture off the front lawn down at the
house, the bricklayers at my work are in semi-nude order and even I am
sporting a pair of lilly white legs.
The forecast in this area, N.Lincs is promising for the next few days at
least.

Hopefuly it's similar in other areas.
Baz

Well the sun's been out here and I've been able to get out to weed and
chop down all the summer stuff that's gone over whilst I've been
sheltering from the storms!

I now have a dilemma though. Whilst I have not a single pear nor a
single plum (that was expected as it's a new tree), I do have a single
apple. Not bad out of six trees! However my dilemma is that it's a
cooker. What can you do with a single cooking apple? I could mix it
with a few shop bought ones to make a pie but then I'd never know what
my prize apple tasted like. On its own (its not a big one) it wouldn't
even be enough to make an individual mini pie. Eating it uncooked
wouldn't do it justice.

Maybe I'll get some acrylic stuff and turn it into a paperweight. Then
in 2000 years or so the descendants of Lord Attenborough can extract
its DNA and make a dinoapple that will devour the planet.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.