Old 31-08-2012, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Has summer arrived?

In article ,
lid says...

I now have a dilemma though. Whilst I have not a single pear nor a
single plum (that was expected as it's a new tree), I do have a single
apple. Not bad out of six trees! However my dilemma is that it's a
cooker. What can you do with a single cooking apple? I could mix it
with a few shop bought ones to make a pie but then I'd never know what
my prize apple tasted like. On its own (its not a big one) it wouldn't
even be enough to make an individual mini pie. Eating it uncooked
wouldn't do it justice.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.

Why not bake it stuffed with mincemeat!

--
Roger T