Old 01-09-2012, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Has summer arrived?

In article ,
Jake wrote:
On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 19:51:10 +0100, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

I now have a dilemma though. Whilst I have not a single pear nor a
single plum (that was expected as it's a new tree), I do have a single
apple. Not bad out of six trees! However my dilemma is that it's a
cooker. What can you do with a single cooking apple? I could mix it
with a few shop bought ones to make a pie but then I'd never know what
my prize apple tasted like. On its own (its not a big one) it wouldn't
even be enough to make an individual mini pie. Eating it uncooked
wouldn't do it justice.

Why not bake it stuffed with mincemeat!

It's only about 2.5 inches in diameter, not a lot of mincemeat

Core it, and fill it with some sultanas and a teaspoon of brown
sugar (the real stuff, not coffee sugar). Then bake it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.