Old 01-09-2012, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_11_] Sue[_11_] is offline

Default Has summer arrived?

wrote
No matter how nice it is at Midday we can't get away from the fact
that it is getting dark about 20.30 to 21.00. Long warm evenings are
one of the pleasures of a good summer and they have been few this
year.
A warm Autumn would be nice but it can't substitute for those lost
evenings.

Every year it feels as though the dark evenings close in all at once.
One day you're out there really late in the evening wandering round with
a glass of wine and the air is still warm as little bats come out to
flitter around - and then it seems like almost the next it's pitch dark
at 8pm and really chilly and autumnal. All the more reason to make the
most of any warm days we get though. Cross fingers for an Indian summer.

Rather chilly here today, I must say, but at least it's dry atm.

--
Sue