Old 01-09-2012, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_11_] Sue[_11_] is offline

Default Superb Brussel Sprouts

"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Baz" wrote ...
Thankyou, Michael.
I wonder if you would give me a few details on how you deal with
whitefly. Do you have whitefly? I do and it devestates all of mine.

I also have had constant problems with White Fly on sprouts but last
year I sprayed them with some ordinary liquid soap I happened to have
spare (unused present) and it cured the problem. That soap is now in
my garden chemical box.

I also find whitefly a problem on sage growing next to the patio. It's
in a corner bed, so doesn't get so much breeze which I don't suppose
helps. I wonder if soapy spray would work on that?

We don't grow sprouts but white fly is always a nuisance on my broccoli
too. Think I'll try this remedy and also Michael's method of the
upturned pot rings for next year as I've lost two of my few plants to
CRF. The others have survived so far with some extra earthing up.

--
Sue

..