Old 01-09-2012, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Wasps

In article ,
lid says...

TBH, I have yet to notice a wasp around here. But then I haven't seen
a bee for ages, nor a ladybird. Indeed, insects all seem to have
emigrated apart from hoverflies in abundance and the odd butterfly.
This is despite the fact that I have lots of supposedly nectar-rich
stuff in bloom at last and enough Himalayan balsam flowering on the
other side of fence to feed an army.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.

Now you mention it, I've not seen any wasps yet this year. They are
usually buzzing around the autumn raspberries, bot pollinating the
flowers and tidying up the rooten fruit I miss!

Plenty of bees doing the polinating job though at the moment.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales