Old 01-09-2012, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Superb Brussel Sprouts

"Baz" wrote

"Bob Hobden" wrote in

Thankyou, Michael.
I wonder if you would give me a few details on how you deal with
whitefly. Do you have whitefly? I do and it devestates all of mine.

I also have had constant problems with White Fly on sprouts but last
year I sprayed them with some ordinary liquid soap I happened to have
spare (unused present) and it cured the problem. That soap is now in
my garden chemical box.

Thanks, Bob,
Do you spray them before the whitefly attack, or as and when you see
the whitefly? How often do you spray?

The boss told me to spray as soon as she saw White Fly and I only did it
once, thoroughly, and didn't have a problem thereafter. I would think
washing up liquid might work too.
We also didn't get those horrid grey aphids in the sprouts like we do some
years.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.