Old 01-09-2012, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Has summer arrived?

On 01/09/2012 14:33, Sue wrote:

"Martin" wrote
On Sat, 1 Sep 2012 13:06:19 +0100, "Sue" wrote:
Every year it feels as though the dark evenings close in all at once.
One day you're out there really late in the evening wandering round
with a glass of wine and the air is still warm as little bats come out
to flitter around - and then it seems like almost the next it's pitch
dark at 8pm and really chilly and autumnal. All the more reason to
make the most of any warm days we get though. Cross fingers for an
Indian summer.

Rather chilly here today, I must say, but at least it's dry atm.

It's autumn here in Zuid Holland.

Shh. Break out the Pimms and pretend it's still summer.

I saw a really young wren hopping around among my patio pots the other
day. They must have had quite a late brood.

Strange, I had one chattering outside the back door yesterday, went out
to have a look and there it was just about 10 ft away, now we hear them
a lot but almost never see one.
Well a moment later the call was picked up off to my right, and there
were 3 more of them, I watched them for around 5 mins then went back
inside, Youngsters I presume.
David @ a partial sunny end of Swansea Bay