Old 02-09-2012, 04:16 PM
miljee miljee is offline
Registered User

Default Ornamental grass with columnar, upright habit?!

A couple of weeks ago I was at RHS Wisley , where I saw a lot of a sort of grass I'd love to get in my smallish garden. It was dotted through many borders including the one alongside Carpark 1.

It was a grass and was planted in individual clumps, maybe a foot across. It was 4 or 5 foot tall with browny-bronze non-fluffy fronds on top, the stems were either green or wheat coloured, I recall.

The major feature about this grass was that it didn't cascade, it retained a nice, architectural upright habit from base to frond, a thing which would make it ideal in my own garden!

Anyone know what it's called? I thought I'd written it down but I can't find it!
Thanks.