Old 02-09-2012, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can I prune my utterly non productive apple tree now?

"miljee" wrote in message

In Hampshire. This tree produced well last year, but this year the few
blossom that set got no further than one inch big apples, the few that
then survived being nicked by the squirrels!

It looks healthy enough (sorry, I don't know the variety, but it's about
3m tall and produces medium sized, red and green apples) and I know some
apple trees produce well in alternate years. It has loads of new
shoots.

Can I get stuck in a give it a reasonable prune now or should I wait til
the 'correct' time, after the (non-existent!) harvest?

Thanks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening...pple-tree.html