Old 02-09-2012, 11:28 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Where to get an electric saw

On Sep 2, 7:08*pm, "Endulini" wrote:
Can anyone suggest where I can get an electric saw similar to this

No, as they're horrible things.

Far better is the Black & Decker Alligator chainsaw. This isn't the
usual chainsaw, it's a scissor arrangement that makes it safer than
either a normal chainsaw or a reciprocating saw. Although it does
limit it to 4" or less. They do mains or cordless, but I've not tried
the cordless. It's my main saw for pruning, bucking and firewood (If
I'm near power). I'm also chainsaw ticketed, but I don't use one if I
can avoid it.