Old 04-09-2012, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Another John Another John is offline

Default Secateurs. Any recommendations please.

In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:

I have several pairs of secateurs, different makes and prices but
including Felco, supposedly the best. But the ones I prefer most of
all are a ratchet type, make unknown. They have a loop-type handle on
one side which I find easier for holding them, and the ratchet allows
easy cutting of thicker wood, especially with arthritic hands. Have a
look at some of these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/tag/ratchet%...teurs/products
or Google for ratchet secateurs

Good job I read Chris's reply first: Now I can simply say: DITTO

The latest ones that I have, which have become my firm favourites, are
very like these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/National-Tru...teur/dp/B003LV
Z08W/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url

..... However mine cost 3.99 from Aldi, last year. They're *brilliant*:
very sharp, and *very* powerful. [Mind: the ratchet action takes a bit
of getting used to: give yourself a little time.]

John