Old 05-09-2012, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Secateurs. Any recommendations please.

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article
,
Another John writes
Good job I read Chris's reply first: Now I can simply say: DITTO

Couldn't do a lot with any make other than the wonderful Felco but saying
that my indispensable piece of gardening equipment is the pair of Darlac
snips, so slim that they can chop off tiny single roses or prune between
other stems or have been known to delve into paving cracks to winkle out
ground elder! Exceptionally sharp and lovely easy opening and closing
action so not tiring like some.

http://tinyurl.com/d7j2xpn

Everyone for whom I have bought a pair also now swear by them !
--
Janet Tweedy

One extra point about Secateurs, make sure they are a good sturdy pair so
that when you 'put them down somewhere and you lose them', they survive the
year in the compost heap and with a bit of a brush and a drop of oil they
are back to fine working order again ;-)

Mike