Old 05-09-2012, 01:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.pets.cats,rec.gardens,aus.gardens
Dick Adams[_2_] Dick Adams[_2_] is offline

Default Fences - Cats - DIY ?

In article ,
Julie Bove wrote:
Now my old cat did do that. Because she didn't leap or climb, I used to let
her out in the backyard. I had an apartment and there was a small fenced
off area where my patio was. I left her out there for a little while and
went back into the house. Came back and found that she had gone *under* the
fence. That was another property over there. I had to call my dad. He and
my nephew got her and put her over the fence for me. After that she only
went out on a leash...until... She learned to get out of any collar or
harness on the market.

A cat can leap, but how high varies from cat to cat. My daughter (I refer to
her as my daughter because she is a member of the family, not a pet) can
leap a meter with ease.

She is rarely let outside because her front paws have been declawed.
She too has no problem getting out of collars and harnesses. After which
she can get under fences with ease.