Old 05-09-2012, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cotula cotula is offline

Default B..... Squirrels

On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 13:37:23 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Went to have a look at my Runner beans this morning and around 20 ft of
them have been wiped out.
What I assume to be a squirrel has cropped them from around 6 inches to
around 15 inches, also chewed the netting as well.
Also a few dwarf peas I'd sown have also been cleared almost to the ground.
As there's electric netting around the patch I doubt it's rabbits.
David @ a sunny part of Swansea Bay.

In this garden, I would have immediately thought it was the Roe deer
which are frequently around. Might it be deer there?

Gardening on Wilts/Somerset border
on slightly alkaline clay.