Old 05-09-2012, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Secateurs. Any recommendations please.

"Nick" wrote in message
Hello folks.
My (30yr+) old secateurs are coming to the end of their natural. I prefer
anvil type as they seem to be more resilient to light abuse than
pass-through or parrot nose types. After many sharpenings and adjustments
of the anvil, they will no longer cut clean and sharp.
No doubt tech has moved on, and I would appreciate any hints, tips, or
recommendations.
A factor important to me is grip size. I have normal (?) sized hands for a
60yo man. My wifes Sandvik secateurs, whilst good, are too big for me. She
often has to use them double handed. Frequently I'm up a ladder or some
such silliness and a good grip on both items is welcomed. The old ones are
Wolf I think, but any lettering has long since been worn away.

Many thanks.
Nick.

I am a Felco man, I have the large heavy duty ones but my wife has the
standard type, they also do left handers. Not sure if they do anvil types
but the steel and quality are such that mine are still in daily use 30 years
on
http://www.lbsbuyersguide.co.uk/tool...secateurs.html

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall