Old 06-09-2012, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Secateurs. Any recommendations please.

rbel wrote in :

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 20:34:13 +0100, "Nick"
wrote:

Hello folks.
My (30yr+) old secateurs are coming to the end of their natural. I
prefer anvil type as they seem to be more resilient to light abuse
than pass-through or parrot nose types. After many sharpenings and
adjustments of the anvil, they will no longer cut clean and sharp.
No doubt tech has moved on, and I would appreciate any hints, tips, or
recommendations.
A factor important to me is grip size. I have normal (?) sized hands
for a 60yo man. My wifes Sandvik secateurs, whilst good, are too big
for me. She often has to use them double handed. Frequently I'm up a
ladder or some such silliness and a good grip on both items is
welcomed. The old ones are Wolf I think, but any lettering has long
since been worn away.

Another very satisfied Felco user (No 11 for many years in my case).

They do a smallish model, the compact No 6. They are all bypass
rather than anvil but, in the event that you do manage to break them,
spare are available. http://www.worldoffelco.co.uk/secateurs/
--
rbel

Hmmm!