Old 07-09-2012, 04:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Help, advice needed on mystery plant

On Sep 6, 9:12*am, ekh_southwest
wrote:
Hello,

This is my first post on a forum and Im after some advice, we bought our
home a couple of years ago and the woman who lived here before was
obviously a keen gardener. I dont claim to know much about gardening
myself although Im learning and Ive managed not to ruin the back garden
so far but Im having trouble with a particular plant in the front
garden.

I dont know what it is and neither does my mother-in-law who is the only
keen gardener I know. I was very suprised when she didnt know and
originally liked it and asked if she could take some but after she'd
witnessed how it takes over she's decided not to take any!

Two summers ago I pulled it all up however it came back fiercer, last
year I was constantly maintaining and trying to control it but this year
its almost taken over the front garden. Ive used Weedol Rootkiller+ on
it this year and it just appeared to damage the part of the leaf that it
landed on! Until now Ive found this weedkiller extremely effective and
Im running out of ideas on how to get rid of it.

Ive attached a couple of photos, the first 2 are of the flowers and the
plant, the second to show how its taking over the garden and the third
shows the leaves and the damage to them from the weedkiller.

Any suggestions would be amazing, especially if somebody knows what this
is?

|Filename: 100_9954.JPG * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * |
|Download:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15261|
|Filename: 100_9959.JPG * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * |
|Download:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15262|
|Filename: 100_9955.JPG * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * |
|Download:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15263|
|Filename: 100_9957.JPG * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * |
|Download:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15264|

ekh_southwest

I can't help you on the plant ID, but I'm sure others will be able to
help.

However, I would volunteer to ship you a package of apostrophes.

HB