Old 07-09-2012, 04:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Lost corn?

On Aug 29, 11:49*am, Higgs Boson wrote:
The stalks look healthy, but they are already making tassels, with
nary sign of ears.

Nabe nursey guy said it's a lost cause, but I wonder WHY? *They were
started well, transplanted well, took off like gangbusters. Why did
they -- if indeed nursery guy is right -- jump the gun?

Is there still a prayer?

http://s1260.photobucket.com/albums/.../?action=view¤...

HB

Good news! Either the nursery guy didn't understand, or he doesn't
know. I panicked too soon.

The plants are all progressing normally, setting silk and starting
ears. So if all goes well, I could be eating corn sometime before I
leave on extended trip end Oct.

This is mild Mediterranean climate, So. Calif. coastal, so don't be
surprised that we can harvest that late.
However, due to that "mythical" global warming, all the seasons are
slipping, so who knows...?

HB