Old 07-09-2012, 11:19 AM
GreenthumbBen GreenthumbBen is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkey View Post
Hi Newbie here
I have just moved in to a new property and have a decent sized backed lawn
85' x 20'
I am after a petrol push mower I have a budget of £180 so wondered what to go for I was considering a mccullock with the 450 engine, but i have read that this is not a very reliable.
Would like pointing in the right direction please
Regards
Clarkey
Too be honest you're best not getting a McCullock mower, i've had one in the past and it didnt last me 30 days and the customer service team where i bought it blamed me for breaking it! Yeah like it is my fault that the mower broke!

I got myself a R434B Lawn-King Lawnmower which will easily do my lawn which is of roughly the same size as yours...
Have a look: R434B Lawn-King Lawnmower | Lawnmowers from Trenchex

however its slightly more than your budget, i'll vouch though not had a massive problem since having it, the only problem I've encounted was the rip-cord for start up, i managed to snap it... I rang up the company LawnKing/Trenchex dismantled the handle took it to their base in Uttoxeter which is around a 30minute trip for me, and i didnt even have to leave the store they fixed it there and then for no charge...

Impressive if you ask me!