Old 07-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Lintama Lintama is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
The knobbliness is through leaving them a bit late before picking - the beans inside are swelling. The marks look like pest damage, and you've also got small holes in the leaves which support that hypothesis.

I'm not sure what you mean by "aren't solid". If you mean they're flabby, that's because the plant has given up on that particular pod for some reason, and is leaving it to die.
Thank you for the response. I think you are right although some of the beans were still small when this happened. Have you any idea on what kind of pest my beans have? Most of the bean pods weren't straight either. Tendency to curl up from early on. The beans were not flabby as such, more like 'empty' when squeezed between fingers as if they had dried up inside.