Old 07-09-2012, 08:58 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintama View Post
Thank you for the response. I think you are right although some of the beans were still small when this happened. Have you any idea on what kind of pest my beans have? Most of the bean pods weren't straight either. Tendency to curl up from early on. The beans were not flabby as such, more like 'empty' when squeezed between fingers as if they had dried up inside.
Incomplete pollination? No beans in spaces that were meant for beans?
Curling up isn't a problem, but if it was very pronounced I wonder if it was another effect of pest damage? No idea about pests. The only things that I have to worry about are red spider and whitefly, and that's because I grow them in the greenhouse to keep them away from the slugs. I wouldn't expect either to be a problem outside.