Old 08-09-2012, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default how do yo plant carrot seeds?

On 09/07/2012 06:46 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 17:06:26 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 09/07/2012 02:22 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

I was looking at a packet of carrot seeds. They are very
tiny. How do you plant them without special vision equipment?

Many thanks,
-T

Do they ever sell (tiny) seeds on a tape?

It's a lot less expensive to buy carrots at the stupidmarket.

The carrots in the supermarket taste like the cardboard they
are shipped in! They are bread to lie flat and not rot in
a storage container.

Two days ago I brought home a bunch of heirloom carrots from
a local community organic farm. They stunk my car up all day.
It was all I could do not to pull over and eat them right
there on the spot. When I finally got them home, my wife and
I devoured them. I was suddenly four years old again, which
was when I last remember carrots smelling like carrots and
having a pleasant taste.

Got my eye on some purple heirloom carrots for next year's
garden.

-T