Old 08-09-2012, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Name my butterfly

Willi wrote:
It's got very raggedy wing edges, looks impressively like a dead leaf
when wings are closed. On opening they are orangey with dark spots in
a kind of mottled pattern, I think (weren't open long). It's currently
sat in the sun on a bunch of grapes.

That was probably a "Comma" (Polygonia c-album).

Looking at the pictures, I think you're probably right, thank you
http://www.searchlotto.co.uk/yhs_sea...rfly&cid=13010

Although the one I had was much darker on the inside than those photos
show (although they're probably all flash-lit or bright sunlighted)
and the edges were /much/ more raggedy.