Old 08-09-2012, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default recommend best petrol scarifier

Janet Tweedy wrote in
:

Anyone got any views on petrol scarifiers. The electric ones are just
too slow on large areas of grass but the ones you can hire are so
heavy that you can't ;lift them out of the car!!

So I am trying to look for a middle range of petrol scarifiers. Seem
to be about 450 pounds but given that hiring one costs about 45 pounds
a day and you have to get it back whether you have finished or not it
should pay for itself in the end.

Janet

I am always banging on about quality tools and in my carpenters toolkit
are Makita power tools.
I work for a renowned local building firm and often have to hire a
landscape gardener to make the building site into a garden after major
building work.
The landscape gardening firm uses several Makita petrol devices to do the
work. Scarifier too, EVU400, just above your £450 if you shop around, might
be less. Don't buy second hand petrol machines, you don't know if they have
been tinkered with by a DIY enthusiast, rendering them useless.

Baz