Old 09-09-2012, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Guy Fawkes[_2_] Guy Fawkes[_2_] is offline

Default Why not?

On Saturday, September 8, 2012 9:33:09 PM UTC+1, (unknown) wrote:
In article ,

Janet Tweedy wrote:

In article , Sacha

writes

What is now known about the effects of long-term smoking of cannabis is

far too worrying to be lightheared about it. Imo.

And it's all the idiots who use it for recreational purposes that then

make it difficult to obtain for treating conditions such as MS.

Actually, no, sorry. The prejudice against and demonisation of

cannabis started something like a century ago, and I have absolutely

no idea why. It used to be part of the British Pharmacopeia, but

has been significantly more restricted than morphine, heroin and

cocaine for a century. It's very odd.

Regards,

Nick Maclaren.

Its not that odd Nick. The powers that be understand only too well how easy it is to cultivate cannabis on a DIY basis, and should it be legalised the trade in far more dangerous drugs such as alcohol and tobacco would pretty much be finished overnight!

I doubt very much whether any of the talking heads on here, who dont understand that cannabis is illegal for tax reasons, have ever tried it, and I would guess that if they had any users of legal drugs would far prefer it!