Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default recommend best petrol scarifier

In article , Baz
writes
God, that came out wrong.
My reply - So , why ask? was meant to be humerous 'cos Stihl are the dogs
testes, and the most expensive. You could not ever justify such a large
lump of money for a big grunt of a machine to be used 2 or 3 times a year!
In your lifetime you would probably never have the choke off of it.

Ah but i do know at least four people that would want to borrow the
machine for their half acre or so lawns so maybe share a bit of the
cost.

The electric one takes so long that in hours of work time it might be
cheaper to go for a good fast machine than the piddly one I have at the
moment

Hiring one was expensive and I couldn't get it out of the back of the
car without help and I am not that weak! What's more hiring one means
you have to use it on the day which is not always suitable.

Round here the franchises for lawncare are charging 175 pounds to
scarify alone.
--
Janet Tweedy