Old 09-09-2012, 06:11 PM
arniecars arniecars is offline
Registered User

Default Moving a Nordmann Fir into a pot

Hi

I have a Nordmann Fir currently planted in the garden. It has been outside in the ground for about 8 months, and had good growth in Spring / early Summer. I am moving in about a year and ideally want to take it with me. The tree is about 4ft tall.

What would be the best time of year to move this tree out of the ground and replant it in a large pot? What are the chances of it surviving?

Thank you very much for any help you can provide,

Kind regards